Ann Taylor LOFT Women's Tops and Blouses
The feminine and elegant nature of a blouse makes it a useful garment for work, dates, formal occasions, and other situations. Blouses are distinguished from other shirts by their elegant fabrics, tailored silhouettes, and additional detail and design. Ann Taylor LOFT women's tops and blouses are available in short sleeve, long sleeve, and sleeveless styles, and come in a wide range of neutral, bright, pastel, and jewel-toned hues.
What are common styles for a women's blouse?
These are a few of the most common styles of blouses.
- Button-down: Button-down styles may have short or long sleeves, but they always have buttons that go down the front of the top.
- Wrap: This style of blouse wraps around the waist and ties along the front or side.
- Shell: These tops are a sleeveless design that typically have a loose fit and a higher neck.
- Tee: A T-shirt-styled blouse has a plain front and a high neck, but it is made from dressier fabric than the average T-shirt.
- Split neck: Instead of a stand-up or folded collar, these blouses have a smooth neckline with a notch in the middle.
- Peplum: Peplum styles fit the waist, and then they flare out over the hips.
How do you select a blouse?
When shopping for tops, there are a few things you may want to consider when picking out your blouse.
- Choose your desired level of coverage: Depending on the occasion, you may need a blouse with long sleeves, a high neckline, or other requirements.
- Select a style: Depending on your personal style, you may want a top that is plain, tailored, ruffled, frilly, artistic, edgy, or something else.
- Pick a color: Decide whether you want something black, white, red, blue, purple, green, or any other color.
- Find your size: Use the company's size chart and your measurements to find the right size that will fit you. Most Ann Taylor LOFT tops come in a range from XS to XL. Some designs may also be in an XXS or an XXL. See manufacturer site for details.
How do you care for a blouse?
Blouses frequently need special care to maintain their shape and texture properly. Read the tag on the garment to see if you can wash and dry it in a machine. If there is no tag, carefully consider the fabric and the design of the garment. Pieces with embroidery, ruffles, and other detailing may require hand-washing. Certain fibers like wool, silk, and rayon may also require hand-washing, dry-cleaning, or other special care. Sweaters and knits should be dried while laying flat to avoid stretching.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ann Taylor LOFT.