Collectible Lord of the Rings Posters and Prints
Collectible Lord of the Rings posters and prints are pieces of art which feature characters, scenes, or the One Ring from the film trilogies. These movie posters can be purchased in many sizes. Some prints feature the work of fantasy artists who strive to capture the spirit of J.R.R. Tolkiens literary classic.What is the difference between posters and prints?
Posters and prints featuring characters from the Lord of The Rings and Hobbit films can be differentiated in a number of ways. Here are a few hallmarks of each:
- Posters: These collectibles are larger in size than prints. The standard size for a Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movie poster is 24 inches by 36 inches. These are generally printed on glossy paper of a heavy stock. The images found on these items are most often photographs of a single character from the film series.
- Prints: Lord of the Rings and Hobbit prints tend to be somewhat smaller than movie posters. They can also differ in terms of subject matter. It is more likely to find artistic renderings in prints. Prints are generally produced on paper and some prints are placed on canvas.
Many characters from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit have been used to create posters and prints. Those most frequently portrayed include:
- Bilbo Baggins: Hero of The Hobbit and possessor of the One Ring.
- Frodo Baggins: Hobbit and hero of The Lord of the Rings.
- Gandalf: Wizard friend to Bilbo and Frodo that also appears in The Hobbit.
- Sauron: Lord of the Rings villain.
Your collectibles can be hung in a number of different ways. These are some of the methods used:
- Framing: Having your Lord of the Rings or Hobbit item framed can offer more protection for your collectible print.
- Poster squares: These double-sided adhesive squares attach to the back of a movie poster. This method of hanging makes it easier to move posters when necessary.
- Poster hangers: A hanger consists of two plastic strips into which the top and bottom of a poster are inserted. The natural weight of the poster keeps the item straight, and a string attached to the top piece is used to hang the poster on a wall
Most posters are not autographed by actors who participated in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films. It may be possible, however, to find autographed posters and prints on occasion. Some prints may also be available that have been signed by the artist who created them.