Delsey Travel Luggage
For over a century, Delsey has produced luggage for every traveler suitable for any kind of trip. Delsey’s lines of hardside and softside spinner luggage are known for their durability and style.What kinds of luggage does Delsey make?
Delsey is primarily known for its many models of rolling and spinner luggage, including their Helium line. However, Delsey also makes tote bags, duffels, garment bags, wallets, and other accessories.What should you look for in a Delsey spinner?
There are some basic parameters to consider when selecting a piece of Delsey luggage:
- Hardside or softside: Hardside luggage features a polycarbonate shell that will protect your possessions, while softside bags are made from durable polyester fabric that allows for more flexibility when packing. Often, it comes down to a personal preference, but you should also consider what kind of travel you will be undertaking. Do you plan on bringing home delicate souvenirs? Will you be traveling to another climate and thus may have to add more clothing to the bag during your trip? These considerations will help you choose between these two options.
- Size: There is a wide range of sizes available. Whether you are looking for a small bag that fits under the seat or a carry-on, Delsey has an option for you. They have carry-on sizes from 19-22 inches or larger sizes up to 30 inches.
- Smart bags: An increasing number of luggage items have “smart” features, such as batteries for charging your devices, overweight sensors, and even digital locators. Delsey’s Pluggage line features all of these as well as fingerprint openings for extra security.
There are as many opinions of packing a suitcase as there are travelers, but three methods of packing are generally known for helping get more clothes in your bag or spinner:
- Rolling: Rolling rather than folding garments makes it easier to fill the luggages interior rather than leaving empty corners and wasted space.
- Packing cubes: These bags-within-a-bag allow you to compress clothes into small units that you can further compact into the luggage. They have the added feature of allowing you to group together similar items and clothes, as well as separate dirty clothes from clean.
- Bundling: If you have clothes that are prone to wrinkles, such as dresses and suits, you can bundle them to minimize wrinkles. Simply lay them on top of one another and fold inward, keeping the most wrinkle-prone clothes on the outside and putting small garments like underwear in the center. This will minimize the folds in your wrinkle-prone clothing.