What Do I Need to Know About DVB S-Video Capture TV Tuner Cards?
Many countries have access to free-to-air digital HD channels and radio stations. For gain access, you need a special type of card. This receiver card is used via satellites, serving every continent of the world. A digital video broadcasting - satellite (DVB-S) is used in both multiple channel per carrier (MCPC) and single channel per carrier modes. Examples of a DVB-S or DVBS-S2 card include:
- TBS6910 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner Dual CI PCIe TC Card integrated with Two CI Slot
- Lilliput CY7043G 4.3" LDC Handheld Satellite Finder Receiver DVB-S TV Tuner
- X9320 Quad DVB-S/s2 TV Tuner PCI for Satellite TV & listen to Radio on PC & Linux
- DVBSky S952 PCle card low profile with 2x DVB-S2 tuner Dual Twin Tuner, CD w
What are the features of a DVB card?
- Conditional access modules (CAMs) - This feature enables you to decrypt multiple channels. You will have to access the CAM / CI menu with your DVB receiver or inside TV server configuration using a remote control. After accessing the menu set the multi-channel decryption on or enable it.
- Can be used in televisions and PCs - The use of this graphics card is not limited to one device only. You can connect it to your TV or computer. This means you can watch your favorite channels or listen to radio stations from anywhere you wish to.
- Quality graphics - A DVB-S card enables you to access various channels and stations via the satellite. This means you get quality signals that produce the top-notch pictures. You, therefore, get to enjoy receiving pictures in bold and clear colors.
How to watch DVB satellite TV with DVB-S/S2 receiver card?
- Select and install the right DVB-S card - You have to know which card suits your PC before buying one. There are two basic types namely, PCI /PCI-E and Tuner card. The PCI card is an extension card designed to replace the older PCI bus standards. It is installed internally. A tuner card, on the other hand, is an external type of card and comes with a USB plug. After identifying the compatible card, install it on your computer.
- Connect your satellite receiver box - Here, you must ensure that cables are connected well or as they should. Wrong cable connections will make it impossible for you to access HDTV.
- Install new hardware - You will get a pop-up for new hardware detected as soon as you turn on your computer. Follow the steps to ensure the software is well installed.
- Start-up the DVB-S2 or DVB-S TV tuner program - If the above steps were followed carefully and the TV antenna is working well, the TV broadcast will appear on your screen. Finish the process and you will be able to watch satellite TV channels.