Gardening Gloves as Mother’s Day Gifts
Mother’s Day is all about pampering your mom and spending quality time with her. This Mother’s Day, surprise your mom with something she can use frequently. A pair of gardening gloves will be a great choice for a Mother’s Day gift if your mom loves gardening. eBay has a range of gardening gloves that you can check out before the special day draws near. You can find gloves by Amtech, AMES, ATG, Miller, and many other brands. These gloves are made of varied materials such as latex, rubber, polyester, nylon, and more. Take your pick from gloves that are non-slippery, thorn-resistant, thermal, waterproof, or choose any other features that your mom needs in her gardening gloves. These gloves are available in various sizes, so you can pick the one that your mom needs. You can even get a pair of yourself and spend some time with her in your garden! Browse through all the new and pre-owned varieties available on eBay and choose the one that suits your liking.
What are gardening gloves typically made of?
- Cloth: Gloves constructed out of cloth allow wearers excellent manual dexterity, but they arent as sturdy as other material options. They may not be thorn-resistant or puncture-resistant. Cloth options are appropriate for raking, digging, and other low-intensity garden tasks. Some cloth gardening gloves are reinforced with latex or leather, which gives the hands an added layer of protection.
- Goatskin: Goatskin offers wearers the ideal combination of flexibility and durability. These gardening gloves are good at shielding hands from water, and they can be used for tasks like digging, cutting, planting, and raking. They shouldnt be used for pruning, however, as abrasion can quickly harm this type of leather gloves.
- Cowhide: Work gloves are often made out of cowhide, as its one of the most durable forms of leather. They can be used for heavy-duty tasks like tree planting or woodworking.
- Rubber: Gardening gloves made out of rubber or PVC are ideal for days when gardeners have to get dirty. While rubber gloves arent the most flexible variety of work gloves, they keep mud off your hands.
- Neoprene: When people are using potentially harmful chemicals or herbicides, neoprene gardening gloves provide the best protection.
What additional features do these gardening accessories often have?
Additional features improve fit, comfort, dexterity, and longevity. They include:
- Reinforced Fingertips: Many work gloves have an extra layer of leather at the fingertips, as this is the area subject to the most friction. Reinforced fingertips extend the life of the gloves.
- Wrist Closure: Wrist closures ensure that gardening gloves dont fall off mid-use. They also keep debris or dirt from seeping into the gloves. These closures are often made of Velcro, which can be tightened to suit any size.
- Double Stitched Seams: When gardening gloves get worn out, they often split along the seams. Double stitching prevents this from happening. Well-made gardening gloves should have two rows of stitches along each seam, which should lie flat.
Do these gloves come in multiple sizes?
Most brands offer gloves in sizes ranging from Small to XXX-Large. They are also offered in mens and womens sizes.