The Rundown on Elegant Men's Gucci Watches
Gucci is one of the mainstays of luxury fashion, but the company is known for more than just fancy handbags. You can also find some fantastic designer watches from the brand. Here's what you need to know about Gucci watches for men.When did Gucci start making designer watches?
The history of the Gucci brand dates back all the way to 1906, when Guccio Gucci founded the House of Gucci. It did not formally become a luxury goods retailer until 1921, after which point its focus on beauty and quality craftsmanship began earning it a reputation. Despite this long history, however, Gucci did not begin designing and selling watches until 1997.What kinds of features do Gucci men's watches have?
Here are some of the broad features that you can expect to see across men's Gucci watch models:
- Case Sizes and Materials: Gucci watch cases are typically made of stainless steel and can range in diameter from 29 mm to 42 mm.
- Straps: Gucci men's watches use either stainless steel, leather, rubber, or nylon for their straps, depending on the specific model. Some metal straps may use a combination of gold and stainless steel.
- Waterproofing: Gucci watches are waterproof but can't all function at the same depth. Maximum depth varies from 164 feet to 660 feet, depending on the model.
- Displays: Gucci watch faces can either display hours via markings like stars, dashes, and feline heads, or they can use a window display that shows the hour and the minute. Some faces only have markings for 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, while others have no hour markings at all. Such watches usually display symbols like the Gucci bee prominently on their faces.
Gucci makes a few different watch models for men. Here are a few of them:
- The G-Timeless: The G-Timeless is Gucci's flagship men's watch model. It comes in many varieties, with stainless steel, gold, leather, or felts straps. Cases are typically made of stainless steel and some models have a gold bezel. The G-Timeless also frequently contains the Gucci bee logo, either on its face or on the back.
- The Grip Watch: The Gucci Grip Watch takes its name from the way in which sneakers grip the grip tape on the surface of a skateboard. Case sizes include 35, 38, and 40 mm. All of the models in this category also have windows to display the hour and minute. Straps can be made of gold, leather, or stainless steel.
- The Gucci Dive Watch: The Dive Watch is intended for use in underwater diving and other sports and can function at a much greater depth than other Gucci watches. The Dive Watch works at depths of up to 660 feet. It comes with a rubber strap and features either a Kingsnake or a feline head design on its face.
|Gucci Watches||Burberry Watches||Louis Vuitton Watch|
|Case Sizes||29, 35, 38, 40, and 42 mm||39, 40, 42, 44, and 47 mm||39, 41.5, 42, 44, and 46 mm|
|Metals||Gold and stainless steel||Gold, rose gold, and stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Waterproofing||164 to 660 feet||164 feet||100 feet|
|Strap Types||Gold, stainless steel, rubber, leather, or nylon||Stainless steel, leather, gold, and rose gold||Leather and stainless steel|
|Bezel Types||Made of stainless steel or gold and fluted||Stainless steel and gold||Stainless steel with hours and minutes numbered|