This company has been producing games for more than 70 years, and in that time, theyve created some classics. Finding the right game for you, your family, or someone you care about is important and knowing a little about each game will allow you to make a better choice. Since Mattel offers a huge range of game options, there is something for just about everyone, child and adult.What games does Mattel make?
Over the decades, the company has become famous for many of its licensed brands. These include classic toys like the famous Barbie doll, He-Man, and even some Nintendo licenses. Its card games are also popular, and Mattel has become known for Uno, Skip-Bo, Mad Gab, Apples to Apples, and Phase 10.How do you select age-appropriate games?
If youre looking for a gift for a child or teenager, many titles from this company work for most ages. Still, always check the age guidelines of a specific title so that the rules wont confuse younger children. Here are some age advisories for several popular games:
- Uno: For the classic set of Uno cards, its recommend that players be 5 years old and up. This is because of face cards that have words like "Draw Four" and "Skip," which require some reading. But there are also variations like Barbie Uno and Fantastic Four Uno for children that dont require reading, only recognition.
- Skip-Bo: Like UNO, Skip-Bo suggests that players be at least 7 years old to play. This is a number sequencing game, and as with UNO, some face cards have words on them.
- Mad Gab: Mad Gab recommends that players be 10 years or older to play because of its advanced rules.
- Apples to Apples: The standard version of Apples to Apples is suggested for players age 12 or older due to the complex rules. Fortunately, theres also Apples to Apples Junior, which lowers the age guideline to 9.
- Phase 10: Another card-based gaming option, Phase 10 suggests that players be 7 years or older.
One of the best aspects of this companys titles is that many are enjoyed by both girl and boy players. Many of them are card-based so that it has a fairly even design for both genders. Still, the company also offers some themed sets that can add a little more girl- or boy-friendliness to the gaming session.What is one the most popular games from Mattel?
If youre looking for a title that has gained the most overall popularity from this company, its UNO. The company has been producing this title since 1992. Since that time, UNO has gone on to become one of the most popular card games.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mattel.