Why Should I Buy a 512 MB Memory Graphics Card?
Every laptop and desktop computer has a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) integrated into the motherboard to provide an image to your display. However, this is only suitable for low level graphic applications like displaying emails and surfing the Internet. A dedicated graphics card, such as a 512 MB Nvidia GeForce video card, is a separate piece of hardware with its own memory. They are devoted only to graphics processing.
What are the advantages of installing a graphics card?
The biggest reason most people install a graphics card, like a 512 MB Nvidia card, is to increase graphics performance for certain applications, but there are other benefits such as the following:
- The performance increase does not only benefit tasks like video streaming and gaming, but it also makes other graphics tasks like processing images in Photoshop easier and faster.
- A Nvidia GeForce graphics card will allow you a wider, more modern variety of display ports than those found on most motherboards. Your motherboard may only have a VGA and a DVI port, but your video card might have those ports plus an HDMI port or even duplicate ports like dual DVI-I ports. This will allow you to connect different types of displays or multiple monitors to your PC if you wish to.
Which PCI-E graphics card should I buy?
Depending on the size of your computer case, type of motherboard, and your needs, you might consider one of the following 512 MB GeForce cards:
- Nvidia Quadro NVS 300 PCIe. The card has 512 MB of DDR3 memory and interfaces with the PC motherboard via a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot. The card supports Shader Model 4.1, CUDA, DirectX 10.1, and OpenGL 3.3.
- PNY Nvidia Quadro NVS 450. This PCI Express x16 card is a quad monitor card that has 512 MB DDR3 memory. It has four display port outputs to which DVI or VGA cable adapters can be connected.
- Nvidia Quadro FX580. The 512 MB DDR3 memory GeForce card is a full-height graphics card with PCI-E x16 interface. It has one DVI and two display port outputs.
- Nvidia NVS Quadro 410. This is a low profile GeForce card with PCI interface and 512 MB DDR3 RAM. It has one display port output and one DVI output.