How to Select ATI Graphics Cards
With an ATI chipset, Toshiba graphics cards are a necessary component for anyone who uses their computer for graphics-intensive tasks or applications, and you can choose the right one for your computer to update your existing hardware, replace a damaged or nonworking card, or simply add a card when you dont have one to improve your machines graphical performance.
Why Do You Need an ATI Graphics Card?
Though many computers already come with onboard graphics, adding a graphics card can enhance its performance even further, which is necessary in some situations. There are a few specific reasons why you may want to install a graphics card into your system.
- All computers have a CPU (central processing unit) which enables your computer to perform all tasks. The GPU (graphics processing unit) handles the graphics end of things, and a graphics card gives your machines GPU a boost, enabling it to handle 2D and 3D graphics with ease, so you can continue to multitask and do your daily tasks as well as more intense tasks.
- When youre into gaming, these can help your computer to handle games smoothly without glitching or lagging to create a sharp, crisp, and rich HD display.
- Maybe youre not considering a graphics card for gaming purposes, but you are a designer that needs one for software applications. For these users, a video card can increase and speed up the performance of applications like Illustrator or Photoshop.
What Do You Consider When Buying a Graphics Card?
Not sure where to begin when youre considering buying a graphics card? Along with compatibility with your Windows operating system and with your machine itself, there are a few things to keep in mind as you shop.
- How much memory do you need? This depends on how many applications, games, photos, or other media you have on your computer. Memory sizes vary, ranging from 64 MB to 512 MB and many options in between.
- Make sure that the type of memory is compatible with your motherboard and your system, whether its DDR3 or DDR2.
- Match up the model number of your computer to your card to ensure the series of computer you have works with the type of card youre looking to buy.
Which Toshiba Cards Are Available?
There are numerous ATI chipset cards available for your Toshiba PC, regardless of whether you have a machine from the Satellite series or the Tecra line.
- You can purchase a card with a heatsink, such as the Satellite A300 card that fits the models 15.4-inch PC and has 516 MB of memory.
- For one without an included heatsink, opt for a compatible ATI Radeon card that fits the Tecra M4.
- The Satellite M50 card includes 64 MB of memory, and you can get one with or without a heatsink.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toshiba.